From: reQuiem23 <niklas.baumstark@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo from ext3 to ext4
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 16:48:44
1 Hi all,
2
3 i just had the idea to make a new ext4 partition (via mkfs.ext4) and copy
4 (cp) my whole root-dir into that new partition, change the /etc/fstab, add
5 an entry to the grub.conf and booting into that new partition. My /boot is
6 on a separate ext3 partition, so this is not a problem. The kernel i use is
7 gentoo-sources 2.6.28-r1 with ext4-support enabled. However, when i want to
8 boot into my new system, the system starts, even the uvesafb starts, but
9 than the booting process stops with a message like "tty starting" and the
10 system reboots.
11
12 I removed all the files in /proc /dev and /sys, so probably this could be
13 the cause of the problem. Or does anyone have an idea what could be the
14 problematic factor here? unfortunately i can't provide any logging
15 information because i can't get to a working shell :(
16
17 Greetings,
18 Niklas
21 Sent from the gentoo-user mailing list archive at Nabble.com.