From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to restart the network, no net.enp1s0
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 19:35:59
1 On 2022.01.21 07:48, n952162 wrote:
2 > The point is, something has changed in openrc, and I was hoping
3 > somebody
4 > knew about it.
5 >
6 > It used to be that you could restart the network with:
7 >
8 >   rc-service net.enp1s0 restart
9 >
10 > which would use the link in /etc/init.d.  But that link is now gone,
11 > although the network works.  Something fundamental has changed, I
12 > think,
13 > and I thought it would pop out here, but I guess I'm the only one
14 > still
15 > using openrc.
16 I use openrc, and that link is still present (enp25s0 for me). I'm on
17 kernel 5.15.3, and am currently compiling 5.16.1. Up to date amd64
18 system with a select set of ~amd64 packages.