From: Daniel Pielmeier <billie@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: For net-print/hplip users
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 20:14:58
1 Daniel Pielmeier schrieb am 12.02.2011 20:16:
2 > walt schrieb am 12.02.2011 19:47:
3 >> On 02/11/2011 06:47 PM, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> From the hplip ebuild:
6 >>>
7 >>> elog "You should run hp-setup as root if you are installing hplip for
8 >>> the first time,"
9 >>> elog "and may also need to run it if you are upgrading from an earlier
10 >>> version."
11 >>
12 >> Yes, I saw that, and I *did* re-run hp-setup. But I didn't delete the
13 >> existing cups printers, thinking it wouldn't be necessary. But it was :/
14 >
15 > Well this is the purpose of hp-setup, adding or deleting printers.
16 >
17 > Run "hp-setup -r" then you can select the printer you want to delete.
18 > Afterwards run "hp-setup" without options to add them again.
19 >
20 > But you are right the message should be more verbose.
23 I wrote an update to the hplip section of the Gentoo Printing Guide [1],
24 removed the elog messages from the ebuild and referred to the guide
25 instead. I hope this helps everyone who is installing/upgrading hplip.
26
27 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/printing-howto.xml#hplip
30 Daniel Pielmeier