From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: For net-print/hplip users
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 21:02:41
1 On Mon, Feb 14 2011, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2
3 > Daniel Pielmeier schrieb am 12.02.2011 20:16:
4 >> walt schrieb am 12.02.2011 19:47:
5 >>> On 02/11/2011 06:47 PM, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
6 >>>>
7 >>>> From the hplip ebuild:
8 >>>>
9 >>>> elog "You should run hp-setup as root if you are installing hplip for
10 >>>> the first time,"
11 >>>> elog "and may also need to run it if you are upgrading from an earlier
12 >>>> version."
13 >>>
14 >>> Yes, I saw that, and I *did* re-run hp-setup. But I didn't delete the
15 >>> existing cups printers, thinking it wouldn't be necessary. But it was :/
16 >>
17 >> Well this is the purpose of hp-setup, adding or deleting printers.
18 >>
19 >> Run "hp-setup -r" then you can select the printer you want to delete.
20 >> Afterwards run "hp-setup" without options to add them again.
21 >>
22 >> But you are right the message should be more verbose.
25 > I wrote an update to the hplip section of the Gentoo Printing Guide [1],
26 > removed the elog messages from the ebuild and referred to the guide
27 > instead. I hope this helps everyone who is installing/upgrading hplip.
28 >
29 > [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/printing-howto.xml#hplip
30
31 This is very nice. I would add that to use the scanner you need the
32 scanner USE flag (I know that sounds obvious, but I would included it).
33
34 allan