From: Gilberto Martins <zigotto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ethernet Module (3c59x) not recognized
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:34:43
1 Hi again.
2
3 > I'm a bit confused by Gilberto's statement: "Of course I had no
4 > network for this."
5 > If you mean that "I have no networking because of this error" and the
6 > modprobe line above makes no difference then I might be inclined to
7 > swap the network card out for another one.
8
9 Yeah, that is what I intended to say, sorry for that. Probably I was sleepy ...
10 But worst than not finding the module to be loaded, is executing
11 "lsmod" and having nothing listed. I tried to compile the kernel
12 following the guidelines in the handbook, like make menuconfig, make
13 and make module_install. But it seems the the modules were not
14 generated.
15
16 I tried "find /usr/ -iname "*"3c59x*" but only the source code was
17 listed. I was expecting to find the "*.ko". What I missed?
18
19 I see the problem is not relative to the nic module, but to any module.
20 Guess I should gather more details and start a new thread.
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list