From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ethernet Module (3c59x) not recognized
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 07:00:02
1 On 13 Feb 2006, at 19:24, Steven S. wrote:
2 > On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Gilberto Martins wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Now I have only one problem: the ethernet module. During the
5 >> initiatio, I have the following message: "Failed to load 3c59x". Of
6 >> course I had no network for this.
7 >
8 > Add the module name on it's own line in /etc/modules.autoload.d/
9 > kernel-2.6
10
11 I think that the message Gilberto is seeing indicates that udev or
12 coldplug or something is already trying to load the 3c59x module - I
13 don't think that adding its name to /etc/modules.autoload.d/
14 kernel-2.6 will make any difference.
15
16 What does `modprobe -v 3c58x` say?
17
18 I'm a bit confused by Gilberto's statement: "Of course I had no
19 network for this."
20 If you mean that "I have no networking because of this error" and the
21 modprobe line above makes no difference then I might be inclined to
22 swap the network card out for another one.
23
24 Stroller.
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list