From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT?] How to get WebDAV going on Apache?
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 11:38:27
1 On Sunday 02 Mar 2014 11:31:25 Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday 02 Mar 2014 02:47:09 Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > I must thank you for the work you put into that, Mick,
4 >
5 > You're welcome. :-)
6 >
7 > > but Nilesh has said
8 > > I don't need DAV in Apache because it comes bundled with owncloud. I
9 > > believe him too, from an earlier, successful attempt on the same box but
10 > > with the now defunct spinning disk. (Surely, substituting an SSD can't
11 > > have affected this? It's the only difference I can think of at the
12 > > moment, though.)
13 >
14 > WebDAV through apache is only one way of achieving a webDAV protocol
15 > implementation. From what Nilesh has said it must be that owncloud is
16 > using something like SabreDAV or some such php webDAV extension to
17 > implement webDAV through php alone. In this case skip my suggestions
18 > because you will need to walk through the owncloud set up instead.
19 >
20 > Your owncloud website can be set up as a vhost account in apache, if you
21 > have more than one website/domain being served from the same web server.
22 > Other than that I would think that all the configuration for owncloud
23 > would be performed through ownclouds GUI, or php configuration files.
24
25 Peter, have a look here, it says that you should explicitly switch off webDAV
26 at your apache, with "Dav Off":
27
28 http://doc.owncloud.org/server/6.0/admin_manual/installation/installation_source.html
31 Regards,