From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT?] How to get WebDAV going on Apache?
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 11:31:52
1 On Sunday 02 Mar 2014 02:47:09 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > I must thank you for the work you put into that, Mick,
4
5 You're welcome. :-)
6
7 > but Nilesh has said
8 > I don't need DAV in Apache because it comes bundled with owncloud. I
9 > believe him too, from an earlier, successful attempt on the same box but
10 > with the now defunct spinning disk. (Surely, substituting an SSD can't
11 > have affected this? It's the only difference I can think of at the moment,
12 > though.)
13
14 WebDAV through apache is only one way of achieving a webDAV protocol
15 implementation. From what Nilesh has said it must be that owncloud is using
16 something like SabreDAV or some such php webDAV extension to implement webDAV
17 through php alone. In this case skip my suggestions because you will need to
18 walk through the owncloud set up instead.
19
20 Your owncloud website can be set up as a vhost account in apache, if you have
21 more than one website/domain being served from the same web server. Other
22 than that I would think that all the configuration for owncloud would be
23 performed through ownclouds GUI, or php configuration files.
24 --
25 Regards,
26 Mick