From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT?] How to get WebDAV going on Apache?
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 11:48:33
1 On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 5:01 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Sunday 02 Mar 2014 02:47:09 Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 >
5 > > I must thank you for the work you put into that, Mick,
6 >
7 > You're welcome. :-)
8 >
9 > > but Nilesh has said
10 > > I don't need DAV in Apache because it comes bundled with owncloud. I
11 > > believe him too, from an earlier, successful attempt on the same box but
12 > > with the now defunct spinning disk. (Surely, substituting an SSD can't
13 > > have affected this? It's the only difference I can think of at the
14 > moment,
15 > > though.)
16 >
17 > WebDAV through apache is only one way of achieving a webDAV protocol
18 > implementation. From what Nilesh has said it must be that owncloud is
19 > using
20 > something like SabreDAV or some such php webDAV extension to implement
21 > webDAV
22 > through php alone. In this case skip my suggestions because you will need
24 > walk through the owncloud set up instead.
25 >
26 > Your owncloud website can be set up as a vhost account in apache, if you
27 > have
28 > more than one website/domain being served from the same web server. Other
29 > than that I would think that all the configuration for owncloud would be
30 > performed through ownclouds GUI, or php configuration files.
31 > --
32 > Regards,
33 > Mick
36 Yes you're right, it uses SabreDAV.