From: Steven Susbauer <stupendoussteve@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gmail and that stupid spam filter. :-@
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 23:37:29
1 Dale wrote:
2 > If you have no ideas on how to disable, what are some free email
3 > servers that allow pop access?
4 >
5 > Ideas?
6 >
7 > Dale
8 >
9 > :-) :-)
12 I use the Webmail extension for Thunderbird (I don't know if it works in
13 Seamonkey), it supports quite a few webmail interfaces and lets Mozilla
14 talk to them with pop. It is mostly stable, sometimes it gives me a few
15 issues, but I manage my own spam settings (I use it with Hotmail).
16
17 http://webmail.mozdev.org/
18
19 There are two pieces: The main webmail extension and the extension for
20 the specific service you're using.
21
22 I don't know if it will make a difference with Gmail, but it may be
23 possible to tell it to download all messages. Otherwise you can use some
24 other free email account.
25
26 -Steve