From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gmail and that stupid spam filter. :-@
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 14:20:30
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Paul Hartman wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >>> Paul Hartman wrote:
8 >>>
9 >>>
10 >>>> It's on the second page of the filter setup. Mine gives me these options:
11 >>>>
12 >>>> Skip the Inbox (Archive it)
14 >>>> Star it
15 >>>> Apply the label:
16 >>>> Forward it to:
17 >>>> Delete it
18 >>>> Never send it to Spam
19 >>>>
20 >>>> I have it set up for mail from this list and it works great. It even
21 >>>> puts a little note letting you "this message would have been sent to
22 >>>> spam if not for your filter".
23 >>>>
24 >>>>
25 >>>>
26 >>>>
27 >>>>
28 >>> I have all those but the last one. That is also what everybody had when
29 >>> I was doing my google searches. Why does Google hate me? lol
30 >>>
31 >>> Screen shot attached. I cropped it so it will be smaller.
32 >>>
33 >>>
34 >> I think I know what your problem is. You appear to be using "Basic
35 >> HTML" gmail which apparently does not include that option (I just
36 >> tried it and it disappeared when I went to basic mode). Try switching
37 >> to Standard gmail for a minute to set it up. Good luck :)
38 >>
39 >> Paul
46 > I'll try it but it doesn't like my slow as leap year dial-up. BRB.
47 >
48 > Dale
49 >
50 > :-) :-)
55 Sorry to say but I'm back. I set up that filter and checked the spam
56 bucket on webmail today. It had over 800 messages and some of them are
57 not spam. Does anybody know of a way to disable this stupid thing? I'm
58 about to switch email addresses if I can't do something with this
59 thing. If you have no ideas on how to disable, what are some free email
60 servers that allow pop access?
61
62 I always liked Google but this sort of pisses me off. No wonder people
63 say they sent me a card or something and I never got it. They are in
64 the spam bucket. Thought about marking them ALL as "not spam" and just
65 screwing their spam filter right up. Sort of a get even thing there. :-@
66
67 Ideas?
68