From: Andrea Conti <alyf@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] distcc cross-compiling for OSX
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:36:34
1 > I think I must add a "OSX specified symbolic link".
2
3 Symlinks are only needed on the distcc client, not on the server running
4 distccd. But that is a trivial matter.
5
6 > Which tools / configuration must be set for cross-compiling OSX code on my Gentoo box?
7
8 You need to put together a complete OSX cross toolchain. This basically
9 means building cctools (osx's equivalent of binutils) and apple's
10 compiler from source. Then you have to do some additional plumbing on
11 both ends to get it all to work.
12
13 An overview of the process for 10.4:
14 http://myownlittleworld.com/miscellaneous/computers/darwin-cross-distcc.html
15
16 Do note that quite a lot of things have changed from back then, so those
17 instructions are probably not going to work.
18
19 andrea