From: Kraus Philipp <philipp.kraus@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] distcc cross-compiling for OSX
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 19:20:21
1 Am 27.09.2012 um 20:33 schrieb Andrea Conti:
4 >> I think I must add a "OSX specified symbolic link".
5 >
6 > Symlinks are only needed on the distcc client, not on the server running
7 > distccd. But that is a trivial matter.
8 >
9 >> Which tools / configuration must be set for cross-compiling OSX code on my Gentoo box?
10 >
11 > You need to put together a complete OSX cross toolchain. This basically
12 > means building cctools (osx's equivalent of binutils) and apple's
13 > compiler from source. Then you have to do some additional plumbing on
14 > both ends to get it all to work.
15 >
16 > An overview of the process for 10.4:
17 > http://myownlittleworld.com/miscellaneous/computers/darwin-cross-distcc.html
18 >
19 > Do note that quite a lot of things have changed from back then, so those
20 > instructions are probably not going to work.
21
22 Thanks for this link, I have read it before I write the post. Did I understand thr problem correct:
23 I need a full OSX compatible toolchain !? So I download all Apple developer tools, compile
24 it under my Gentoo box and add all header files which I used under OSX to my Linux box?
25
26 Thanks
27
28 Phil