From: Jigme Datse <jrasku@××××××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, weigelt@×××××.de
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem upgrading mediawiki
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 09:01:24
1 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
5 > I just tried to upgrade some wikis from 1.4.15 (to 1.5.8, 1.6.8,
6 > 1.7.1) and ran into trouble: while trying access the wiki, I
7 > get an query error - seems the database layout has changed.
8 >
9 > How can I update it ?
10
11 I ran into a similar problem in one of my updates of it. I am currently
12 running 1.68, and was running 1.4 and may have gone through the 1.5
13 series. There is documentation on the mediawiki site at
14 http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading the key that I think you
15 may be missing is the command:
16
17 $ php update.php
18
19 Though there are some things with that, such as files moving (I believe)
20 so what looks like it should be simple there are two versions of files
21 there, one in /var/www/ and one on /usr/share/webapps, and I can't tell
22 you what the difference is, and which is needed for what, but I believe
23 both are indeed needed.
24
25 Please look at the mediawiki docs as I think they will give you what you
26 need if this message hasn't.
27
28 Jigme Datse
29 --