From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem upgrading mediawiki
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 17:55:11
1 * Jigme Datse <jrasku@××××××××××××××××.ca> wrote:
2
3 Hi,
4
5 > I ran into a similar problem in one of my updates of it. I am currently
6 > running 1.68, and was running 1.4 and may have gone through the 1.5
7 > series. There is documentation on the mediawiki site at
8 > http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading the key that I think you
9 > may be missing is the command:
10 >
11 > $ php update.php
12
13 Of course I tried that, but didn't help.
14 Some further research showed up:
15
16 You need to copy LocalSettings.php to AdminSettings.php and add
17 $wgDBadminuser+$wgDBadminpassword containing your DB's root
18 login data there.
19
20 BTW: I'm a little bit confused why it needs root privileges to
21 add / change some tables. Isn't the database already owned by the
22 wiki's user ? ... strange ...
25 cu
26 --
28 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
30 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
31 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
32 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
33 http://patches.metux.de/
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list