From: mehdi chemloul <chemloul@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo is so AWESOME
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 20:10:25
1 Le 2 août 2013 13:59, "hasufell" <hasufell@g.o> a écrit :
2 >
3 > On 08/02/2013 01:16 PM, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
4 > >> And if you cba to review the basics, stuff most users know, or can
5 find out easily,
6 > >> what makes you think you're cut out to be a developer?
7 > >>
8 > >> Please note I'm not discussing any technical ability you may or may
9 not have with
10 > >> bash, ebuilds or upstream sources. Just your ability to find out the
11 basics, which
12 > >> is much less difficult than installing Gentoo in the first place.
13 > >>
14 > >> If you want/ed to be a developer, my advice would always be: show
15 you're useful, not
16 > >> that you need hand-holding and ego-stroking from the get-go.
17 > >
18 > > I've been an occasionnal contributor to Git, the active maintainer of
19 > > OfflineIMAP for more than a year and I'm maintainer and developer at
20 > > $DAY_JOB since years. I turned the OfflineIMAP worflow from one
21 > > maintainer into a team of official maintainers. This is merely one
22 > > example of my contributions to the open source world and when it comes
23 > > to recruitement, workflow and decision processes I think I know what I'm
24 > > talking about.
27 > We mainly care about gentoo contributions when it comes to gentoo
28 > recruitment and do not let people in, just because they are developers.
29 > That is not even a requirement.
30 >
31 > So we are pretty open to new contributors.
32 >