From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issue with e2fsprogs
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 05:23:21
1 On Montag 23 Februar 2009, CJoeB wrote:
2 > Mike Kazantsev wrote:
3 > > On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:32:57 -0500
4 > >
5 > > CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > >> On step 3, e2fsprogs-libs emerged fine, but at the end of the emerge of
7 > >> e2fsprogs, the emerge bombed and I got a message saying that e2progs was
8 > >> not merged due to file collisions.
9 > >
10 > > You can use 'equery b <PATH>' (app-portage/gentoolkit) to determine
11 > > which package owns the offending files, then either unmerge it or just
12 > > set "FEATURES=-collision-protect" to force installation despite
13 > > collisions.
14 >
15 > The "FEATURES=collision-protect" didn't work. I assume I entered the
16 > command correctly because protage didn't give me grief.
17 >
18 > I have no idea how to determine what is the offending package because I
19 > don't know what the path is where the offending package is. This is the
20 > message I get at the end when emerge bombs:
23 usually the collision is shown a little bit above that. Just scroll back.
24
25 Ands you have to set -collision-protect