From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issue with e2fsprogs
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 05:12:24
1 Mike Kazantsev wrote:
2 > On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:32:57 -0500
3 > CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> On step 3, e2fsprogs-libs emerged fine, but at the end of the emerge of
7 >> e2fsprogs, the emerge bombed and I got a message saying that e2progs was
8 >> not merged due to file collisions.
11 > You can use 'equery b <PATH>' (app-portage/gentoolkit) to determine
12 > which package owns the offending files, then either unmerge it or just
13 > set "FEATURES=-collision-protect" to force installation despite
14 > collisions.
17 The "FEATURES=collision-protect" didn't work. I assume I entered the
18 command correctly because protage didn't give me grief.
19
20 I have no idea how to determine what is the offending package because I
21 don't know what the path is where the offending package is. This is the
22 message I get at the end when emerge bombs:
23
24 Package 'sys-fs/e2fsprogs-1.40.9' NOT merged due to file collisions.
25 * If necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole content of the
26 * above message.
27
28 I've looked at emerge.log, but nothing sheds any light. And if this
29 isn't where I'm supposed to look, I'm not sure where I should be looking.
30
31 Regards,
32
33 Colleen