From: justin@×××××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vesa-tng not working with kernel 2.6.24
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:32:11
1 On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 06:24:52 -0500, John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 > Hi. I compiled gentoo-sources 2.6.24-r2 -- however the vesa-tng
4 > seemed to disappear -- its in the .config, but for some reason I am
5 > getting a console of 25x80. Now I have the default mode set to
6 > 1280x1024@60 which works fine with the 2.6.21 kernel, but not the
7 > 2.6.24 one. What is strange is that I can't find the vesatng in the
8 > .config, but if I go into make menuconfig its there, so can someone
9 > explain why things are not working properly for 2.6.24?
10 >
11 > Thanks.
12 >
13 > --
14 > Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
15 > How do
16 > you spend it?
17 >
18 > John Covici
19 > covici@××××××××××.com
20 > --
21 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
22
23 since the 23 version vesatng is removed. You can used the next generation
24 of spocks fb support named uvesfb. Follow the this page
25
26 http://dev.gentoo.org/~spock/projects/uvesafb/
27
28 .