From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vesa-tng not working with kernel 2.6.24
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:23:10
1 on Tuesday 02/19/2008 justin@×××××××××.net(justin@×××××××××.net) wrote
2 >
3 > On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 06:24:52 -0500, John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
4 > wrote:
5 > > Hi. I compiled gentoo-sources 2.6.24-r2 -- however the vesa-tng
6 > > seemed to disappear -- its in the .config, but for some reason I am
7 > > getting a console of 25x80. Now I have the default mode set to
8 > > 1280x1024@60 which works fine with the 2.6.21 kernel, but not the
9 > > 2.6.24 one. What is strange is that I can't find the vesatng in the
10 > > .config, but if I go into make menuconfig its there, so can someone
11 > > explain why things are not working properly for 2.6.24?
12 > >
13 > > Thanks.
14 > > --
15 >
16 > since the 23 version vesatng is removed. You can used the next generation
17 > of spocks fb support named uvesfb. Follow the this page
18 >
19 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~spock/projects/uvesafb/
20 >
21 > .
22 Do I still need to do what I have been doing -- using genkernel to
23 generate the initial ram disk or should I skip this step?
24
25 Thanks.
29 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
30 How do
31 you spend it?
32
33 John Covici