From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [gentoo-user] Two identical systems - different!
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 11:18:31
1 On Wednesday 05 Mar 2014 23:26:00 Mick wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 05 Mar 2014 15:20:07 Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday 05 Mar 2014 13:49:00 Mick wrote:
4 > > > Have you manually disabled webDAV in your apache configuration?
5 > > >
6 > > > You will need to set 'Dav Off' under the entry for your <Directory
7 > > > /var/www/owncloud>. You will also need to check that you have *not*
8 > > > enabled authentication at apache level because this is managed by the
9 > > > php code and you have also set 'Satisfy Any' under 'Allow from all'.
10 > >
11 > > I've included this stanza in default_vhost.include:
12 > >
13 > > <Directory "/var/www/localhost/htdocs/owncloud">
14 > >
15 > > Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
16 > > AllowOverride All
17 > > Order allow,deny
18 > > allow from all
19 > > Satisfy Any
20 > >
21 > > # Dav Off
22 > > </Directory>
23 >
24 > I tend to keep the entries you show above, except for Dav, in
25 > /etc/apache2/modules.d/XX_mysite_mod.conf. Directives like ServerName,
26 > DocumentRoot, etc. as well as 'Dav On|Off' I keep in
27 > /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/XX_mysite.conf. I place Dav under <Location>; e.g.
28 >
29 > <VirtualHost *:80>
30 > ServerName mysite.com
31 > ServerAlias mysite
32 > DocumentRoot /var/www/mysite/htdocs
33 > <Location />
34 > Dav Off
35 > </Location>
36 > </VirtualHost>
39 > Try that approach because it seems to make a difference at what stage the
40 > Dav directive is parsed.
41 >
42 > > I've just found something odd. It looks like Apache is not listing on
43 > > IPv4,
44 > > only IPv6:
45 > >
46 > > # netstat -tulpen | grep apache
47 > > tcp6 0 0 :::80 :::* LISTEN
48 > > 0 225562 29055/apache2
49 > > tcp6 0 0 :::443 :::* LISTEN
50 > > 0 225558 29055/apache2
51 > >
52 > > No mention of plain tcp. Eth0 has an IPv4 address, of course, so I have
53 > > more detective work to do.
54 >
55 > Not sure why, but I don't see apache listening on IPv4 here either. My LAN
56 > only has IPv4 configured and I know it works, but like yours I can't explain
57 > why it is not shown ... could it be a bug?
58
59 Thanks Mick. I'll make a start on setting up virtual hosts today.
60
61 Meanwhile, after I'd finished an emerge -e world (no -K) and backed the whole
62 system up, I ran an emerge -uaDvN world and it wanted to reinstall every
63 package on the system! Leaving out the -D it just wanted to upgrade a couple
64 of packages that had been updated while I was not watching.
65
66 Once again, I checked minutely that nothing differed in my config of portage
67 between the 32-bit chroot and the Atom target. Nothing. Looks like time to
68 submit a bug report.
71 Regards
72 Peter