From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /sbin/runscript.sh: line 32: /var/lib/init.d/softlevel: No such file or directory
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:52:06
1 On Monday 17 October 2005 11:09 am, Peter Gordon wrote:
2 >
3 > I'm not at my Gentoo box, so I can't verify this at the moent, but I think
4 > it's part of sys-apps/baselayout.
5
6 Nope, it's not part of baselayout nor any other package (see below).
7
8 > To check these things for future reference, one can install the
9 > app-portage/gentoolkit package and use something like the following:
10 > # equery belongs /path/to/file
11
12 This only works if it was a file that was installed via portage. As I
13 indicated in another post this file is created when the system boots, so it
14 falls outside of what equery would report.
15
16 The gentoo init system creates the file when it starts, it is not installed
17 via portage.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list