From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Will installing grub-2.02 break my grub-0.97 setup?
Date: Fri, 06 May 2016 16:21:47
1 On 2016-05-06, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 >>>> It is entirely possible that winusb might call grub2-install with your
4 >>>> USB disk as a target. That would also be fairly safe.
5 >>>
6 >>> And in fact, it does exactly that:
7 >>>
8 >>> # Grub
9 >>> echo "Installing grub..."
10 >>> grub2-install --root-directory="$partitionMountPath" "$device"
11 >>
12 >> Thanks. That's good to know -- I'll definitely set things up so I'm
13 >> not running winusb as root.
14 >
15 > Well, you could always reinstall grub-0 before rebooting, to make sure.
16
17 I just created a systemsrescuecd bootable USB flash drive that can be
18 be used to re-install grub-0 in the MBR if something does go wrong.
19 But, running winusb as a non-privlidged user should prevent any
20 collateral damage to the MBR.
23 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Should I do my BOBBIE
24 at VINTON medley?
25 gmail.com