From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Will installing grub-2.02 break my grub-0.97 setup?
Date: Fri, 06 May 2016 20:29:34
1 On Fri, 6 May 2016 16:21:28 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > >> Thanks. That's good to know -- I'll definitely set things up so I'm
4 > >> not running winusb as root.
5 > >
6 > > Well, you could always reinstall grub-0 before rebooting, to make
7 > > sure.
8 >
9 > I just created a systemsrescuecd bootable USB flash drive that can be
10 > be used to re-install grub-0 in the MBR if something does go wrong.
11 > But, running winusb as a non-privlidged user should prevent any
12 > collateral damage to the MBR.
13
14 It should also prevent winusb writing to the MBR of the USB stick, which
15 sort of defeats the point.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 mandelbug /man'del-buhg/ n.
22 [from the Mandelbrot set] A
23 bug whose underlying causes are so complex and obscure as to make
24 its behavior appear chaotic or even non-deterministic. This term
25 implies that the speaker thinks it is a Bohr bug, rather than
26 a heisenbug. See also schroedinbug.