From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] To all IPv6-slackers among the Gentoo community
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 08:07:12
1 On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 07:55:51PM +0100, Ralph Seichter wrote
2
3 > Gentoo users are often technically skilled and therefore in a position
4 > to make good use of IPv6. I think it would be beneficial to let ISPs
5 > and router manufacturers know that IPv6 is not some exotic luxury.
6
7 Gentoo users are not the "target audience" for most consumer ISPs.
8 If 1% avoid the ISP due to no IPV6, no problem. Techy users tend to
9 run servers, and many consumer ISPs consider it a bonus that those
10 customers avoid them. My ISP has IPV6 available on VDSL, but I'm not a
11 gamer and don't run servers, so there's no benefit to me for the extra
12 hassle on my part. I'm in my late 60's. I figure that IPV4 will
13 probably last longer than I will.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications