From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Flashing an old NOKIA 3310 with Linux?
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 09:52:18
1 On February 16, 2019 5:15:48 AM UTC, Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> wrote:
2 >Hi!
3 >
4 >On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 18:59:06 +0100 tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
5 >> Hi,
6 >>
7 >> I got my hands on one of the well known NOKIA 3310 (2001...not the
8 >new NOKIA 3310
9 >> ones) phones. It seems the previous seller has branded the phone with
10 >> his own firmware and I want to reflash the original NOKIA firmware
11 >> onto it again...if I have a true phone I want the "real true"
12 >> phone...you know ... :)
13 >>
14 >> There are some flasher out there....which are compatible to windows
15 >> versions, which are long forgotten.
16 >>
17 >> As far as my investigations in this case :) has reached: The phone
18 >> needs what they call it a "DCT-3 flasher".
19 >>
20 >> Does anyone has knowledge in handling this wonderful retro peace
21 >> of technique this way and knows a linux compatible flasher for
22 >> the firmware?
23 >
24 >If a flasher you have is for old windows, wine may be your friend.
25 >Usually they have good support for emulating old win api.
26 >
27 >Best regards,
28 >Andrew Savchenko
29
30 Alternatively, run an old windows version inside virtualbox. Usb passthrough works really well.
31 (Only time I actually use windows is for stuff that like that)
34 Joost
35 --
36 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.