From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Flashing an old NOKIA 3310 with Linux?
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 05:16:22
1 Hi!
2
3 On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 18:59:06 +0100 tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I got my hands on one of the well known NOKIA 3310 (2001...not the new NOKIA 3310
7 > ones) phones. It seems the previous seller has branded the phone with
8 > his own firmware and I want to reflash the original NOKIA firmware
9 > onto it again...if I have a true phone I want the "real true"
10 > phone...you know ... :)
11 >
12 > There are some flasher out there....which are compatible to windows
13 > versions, which are long forgotten.
14 >
15 > As far as my investigations in this case :) has reached: The phone
16 > needs what they call it a "DCT-3 flasher".
17 >
18 > Does anyone has knowledge in handling this wonderful retro peace
19 > of technique this way and knows a linux compatible flasher for
20 > the firmware?
21
22 If a flasher you have is for old windows, wine may be your friend.
23 Usually they have good support for emulating old win api.
24
25 Best regards,
26 Andrew Savchenko