From: Devon Miller <devon.c.miller@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2.6.19-r5 kernel disaster
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 03:31:01
1 Check that you have CONFIG_UNIX=y in your .config. The udev daemon
2 (udevd) listens on a unix domain socket. When udevd doesn't run your
3 hda3 device is not created in /dev which explains the later messages.
4 I'm not sure why udevstart would crash your system though. Do you get
5 a kernel oops or does it just reboot?
6
7 dcm
8