From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleaning up perl
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 17:15:28
1 Am Samstag, 8. September 2007 schrieb Kevin O'Gorman:
2
3 > Unfortunately, while it tries to do a number of things, they all fail in
4 > the same way: a problem with Errno.pm.
5 > I guess using perl to clean up perl is not all that robust in this case.
6
7 I still prefer good old cpan over gentoo' g-cpan to mainatain perl modules.
8
9 Before upgrading perl, fire up cpan, create a bundle file of all your
10 installed modules using the autobundle command and after the upgrade, start
11 cpan again and run "install Bundle::Snapshot-<date>".
12
13 I also use it to keep installed perl modules uptodate. Just use the "upgrade"
14 command in cpan.
15
16 If you did this, you can simply remove the old 5.8.x directories.
17
18 HTH...
19
20 Dirk