From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleaning up perl
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 20:34:56
1 On 9/8/07, Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > Am Samstag, 8. September 2007 schrieb Kevin O'Gorman:
4 >
5 > > Unfortunately, while it tries to do a number of things, they all fail in
6 > > the same way: a problem with Errno.pm.
7 > > I guess using perl to clean up perl is not all that robust in this case.
8 >
9 > I still prefer good old cpan over gentoo' g-cpan to mainatain perl
10 > modules.
11 >
12 > Before upgrading perl, fire up cpan, create a bundle file of all your
13 > installed modules using the autobundle command and after the upgrade,
14 > start
15 > cpan again and run "install Bundle::Snapshot-<date>".
16 >
17 > I also use it to keep installed perl modules uptodate. Just use the
18 > "upgrade"
19 > command in cpan.
20 >
21 > If you did this, you can simply remove the old 5.8.x directories.
22 >
23 > HTH...
24 >
25 > Dirk
28 It's too late for me now to do any of that. I'm hosed.
29 I can build perl, but I cannot run perl-cleaner. I can't run h2ph. There
30 are probably
31 a bunch of other things I can't do also.
32
33 Accordingly, I'm renaming the offending Errno.pm, knowing that there's
34 another more
35 recent one around. I'm hoping that it's located by @INC or some such.
36
37 At the moment, it seems to be working.
38
39 ++ kevin
45 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD