From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Ati or Nvida
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:40:42
1 On Monday 23 June 2008, ionut cucu wrote:
2 > On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 00:13:33 +0200
3 >
4 > Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net> wrote:
5 > > Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> a écrit:
6 > > > ATI? Which 3d drivers are as bad as nvidia from 'obfuscation' point
7 > > > of view and a lot worse if you compare the horror stories?
8 > >
9 > > The point is that *this* is changing with ATI.
10 >
11 > Just my late 2€:
12 > Amd can't release the technology because it doesn't own it all.I'm not
13 > to good with licence issue but I know that not all ATI techs are theirs
14 > and they were bought from others under the agreement that they don;t
15 > reveal it. For some new models things might be different but they
16 > aren't allowed for older ones to just release the specs.
17
18 sorry to rain into your parade but they just did that. Release specs. All of
19 them.
25 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list