From: ionut cucu <cuciferus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Ati or Nvida
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:58:09
1 On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 00:13:33 +0200
2 Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net> wrote:
5 > Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> a écrit:
6 >
7 > > ATI? Which 3d drivers are as bad as nvidia from 'obfuscation' point
8 > > of view and a lot worse if you compare the horror stories?
9 >
10 > The point is that *this* is changing with ATI.
11 >
12 Just my late 2€:
13 Amd can't release the technology because it doesn't own it all.I'm not
14 to good with licence issue but I know that not all ATI techs are theirs
15 and they were bought from others under the agreement that they don;t
16 reveal it. For some new models things might be different but they
17 aren't allowed for older ones to just release the specs. Also I had
18 experiences with both ati and nvidia:nvidia just increases in
19 performance from driver version to driver version, while ati's just
20 might work, sometimes you need to get the drivers from official site to
21 work, other times work from portage, sometimes you need to search on
22 f.g.o for a solution, one is never sure with ati(I never was)
23 --
24 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list