From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAID-0 with LVM - is there any point?
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 15:51:55
1 On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 17:39:06 +0300, Daniel Iliev wrote:
2
3 > Out of curiosity I made some tests which confirmed my expectations. What
4 > about you - did you have time (and wish) to take some performance
5 > benchmarks? I would be glad to see some additional results.
6
7 So your tests show that RAID-0 is faster than LVM, but I'll be using LVM
8 anyway so the comparison will have to be between LVM+RAID and LVM alone.
9 I haven't had a chance to do this yet, hopefully over the holiday weekend.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 "RAM DISK is NOT an installation procedure!"