From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Why can't I print in landscape?
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 02:14:00
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 5:04 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 03/05/2012 04:52 PM, Mick wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Also, in a full KDE desktop I select the hplip tooltray applet (or whatever
6 >>> its called) and also change in there the settings to print landscape.
7 >>
8 >> I discovered (the very hard way) to delete and re-create the printer
9 >> devices whenever I update hplip. I kept seeing some really weird printing
10 >> bugs that no one else was seeing, until I deleted and re-created the
11 >> devices with hp-setup. Worth a try, anyway.
12 >
13 > With my printer, I must re-run the HP firmware plug-in downloader as
14 > root every time I update hplip. If I forget to do that, the printer
15 > either does not work at all or appears to be working but may do crazy
16 > things.
21 I have had to do the same thing. I have also noticed if I don't run the
22 config tool that it will max out one CPU core until I kill hplip or log
23 out and sometimes have to kill hplip then.
24
25 Recently, I have noticed I don't have to do that and everything works as
26 expected. Sort of surprised really. I have got so used to redoing
27 everything after a update.
28
29 Dale
30
34 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
35 how you interpreted my words!
36
37 Miss the compile output? Hint:
38 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"