From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Why can't I print in landscape?
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 23:30:15
1 On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 5:04 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 03/05/2012 04:52 PM, Mick wrote:
3 >
4 >> Also, in a full KDE desktop I select the hplip tooltray applet (or whatever
5 >> its called) and also change in there the settings to print landscape.
6 >
7 > I discovered (the very hard way) to delete and re-create the printer
8 > devices whenever I update hplip.  I kept seeing some really weird printing
9 > bugs that no one else was seeing, until I deleted and re-created the
10 > devices with hp-setup.  Worth a try, anyway.
11
12 With my printer, I must re-run the HP firmware plug-in downloader as
13 root every time I update hplip. If I forget to do that, the printer
14 either does not work at all or appears to be working but may do crazy
15 things.