From: Petric Frank <pfrank@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installing virtual machine under gentoo
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 14:41:06
1 Am Freitag, 31. Dezember 2021, 15:31:43 CET schrieb Yixun Lan:
2 > On 07:33 Fri 31 Dec , John Covici wrote:
3 > > Hi. I am looking for some guidance on installing virtual machines
4 > > under gentoo. I have a 5.10.82 kernel and I would like to use kvm if
5 > > possible to do this. I have seen lots of instructions for installing
6 > > vms using virtualbox but not much else. I have a gentoo system with
7 > > enough memory to run a vm or two and would like to use it as the host.
8 > >
9 > > I have downloaded xen to take a look at it as well.
10 > >
11 > > I hope this is not too vague, so please bare with me.
12 > >
13 > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
14 >
15 > I'd suggest to try qemu kvm + libvirt
16
17 For a graphical GUI frontend for this you can use app-emulation/virt-manager.
18
19 regards