From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] update to portage 2.2
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 22:03:03
1 On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:11:38 +0100, Momesso Andrea wrote:
2
3 > > No, but they are stable, and required for sets as the OP wanted.
4
5 > Doesn't look really stable:
6 >
7 > # Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> (05 Jan 2009)
8 > # Portage 2.2 is masked due to known bugs in the
9 > # package sets and preserve-libs features.
10 > >=sys-apps/portage-2.2_pre
11
12 That depends on the severity of the known bugs, and the likelihood of
13 meeting them. The only real bug I've had is that I had to emerge
14 @preserved-rebuild several times, after one update, before it would go
15 away. A waste of CPU cycles but hardly a stability threat.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Top Oxymorons Number 12: Plastic glasses