From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up a home router
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 01:58:19
1 Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2 >> Are you on dial-up too? The EXTIF='ppp0' may need to be eth0 for you if
3 >> you are using a DSL or cable connection.
4 >
5 > I use an adsl-modem to connect to the internet. It is configured over
6 > eth1 but the connection runs over ppp0 so i think this is right, but i
7 > am not sure.
8
9 Hmmm, me either. I'm not sure about what it would be called. Do you
10 have gkrellm installed? Sometimes I use it to see where the traffic
11 is. That is how I knew it was iptables in my other thread. The data
12 was getting there because gkrellm was seeing it but my system was not.
13 No clue how one can see it and the other can't though.
14
15 Dale
16
20 www.myspace.com/dalek1967