From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DVD Movie backups
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 17:52:30
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > No; you'll have to decrypt, or do without the encrypted bits.
5 > >
6 > > dvdbackup is probably the closest to what you want.
7 > >
8 > > On Dec 16, 2011 11:09 AM, "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > >>
10 > >> For archive purposes is there a simple way for me to make a
11 > >> bit-for-bit copy retail DVDs I've purchased?
12 > >>
13 > >> Assume that I've got the right sort of DVD drive, I guess something
14 > >> capable of writing dual-layer DVDs.
15 > >>
16 > >> Thanks,
17 > >> Mark
18 >
19 > Interesting. So even something that just copies blocks of data, like
20 > dd, can't be used for that purpose?
21
22 Yo you see that you get the same answer as you received two days ago from the
23 Cdrecord-support mailing list ;-)
24
25 Jörg
28 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin