From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's with all these "acct-group" ebuilds recently?
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 23:08:13
1 On 6/20/20 11:56 AM, Ralph Seichter wrote:
2 > * Daniel Frey:
3 >
4 >> I went to emerge mythtv (I think) and now it says it's an ambiguous
5 >> requests with *both* the group and user of the same name.
6 >
7 > You need to emerge "media-tv/mythtv", not just "mythtv". Nothing
8 > ambiguous about it.
9 >
10 > Further reading: https://www.gentoo.org/glep/glep-0081.html
11 >
12 > -Ralph
15 You just pointed out the ambiguity.
16
17 Emerging a package solely by its name worked 99.9% of the time before
18 this change.
19
20 Now new users get the fun of "Gee, which one is the one I actually
21 want?" MythTV is a fairly clear one to figure out, but other packages
22 aren't.
23
24 I understand the dependencies problem that they were trying to solve,
25 but I don't think the way it was implemented is a great one.
26
27 Dan