From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub and what happens exactly when booting.
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 19:09:13
1 On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 22:40:36 +0700
2 Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
3
4 > > I had high hopes that ZFS would take us to a new place where all
5 > > that would be possible.
8 > Sounds like you need a SAN Storage solution like NetApp or HDS :-)
9
10 I have those options too. But the team that runs the SAN charges and
11 the rates are not cheap.
12
13 So far the best external storage our team has ever had is the Dell
14 M9000 on the ftp server. 15TB raw space, 11TB usable, connected as a
15 simple DAS, and it's run for years without any issues at all.
16
17 > Heck, OpenFiler is a surprisingly good solution; it's now being used
18 > in production in my company's subsidiary.
19
20 A colleague is thrilled with OpenFiler, I haven't checked it out myself
21 yet. I might just try it out on a media server.
24 Alan McKinnnon
25 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com