From: Alec Shaner <ashaner@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ebuild for Lost Labyrinth
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:10:34
1 Nick Rout wrote:
2 > I know I should upload this to bugs.gentoo.org, but as we are in the
3 > middle of a thread i thought I'd load it here for anyone interested to
4 > try (and to criticise)
5 >
6 > Please be gentle with me, this is my first ebuild.
7 >
8 > The ebuild is attached, as is the small startup script. The way it works
9 > and installs is detailed below (although the version is now 1.0.2 rather
10 > than 1.0.0)
11 >
12 > You need to have portage overlay enabled, and assuming your overlay is
13 > in /usr/local/portage, you need to make the following directories:
14 >
15 > /usr/local/portage/games-roguelike/laby/
16 > and
17 > /usr/local/portage/games-roguelike/laby/files
18 >
19 > the ebuild file goes in the former, the file laby goes in the latter.
20 >
21 > You will need to:
22 >
23 > ebuild /usr/local/portage/games-roguelike/laby/laby-1.0.2.ebuild digest
24 >
25 > and then add laby your list of unstable builds:
26 >
27 > echo "games-roguelike/laby ~x86" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
28 >
29 > It _should_ then emerge fine.
30 >
31 > As long as you are in the games group you should be able to just run
32 >
33 > laby
36 Nick,
37
38 I just followed your instructions and everything worked without errors.
39 So far so good.
40 --
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list