From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ebuild for Lost Labyrinth
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:59:48
1 I know I should upload this to bugs.gentoo.org, but as we are in the
2 middle of a thread i thought I'd load it here for anyone interested to
3 try (and to criticise)
4
5 Please be gentle with me, this is my first ebuild.
6
7 The ebuild is attached, as is the small startup script. The way it works
8 and installs is detailed below (although the version is now 1.0.2 rather
9 than 1.0.0)
10
11 You need to have portage overlay enabled, and assuming your overlay is
12 in /usr/local/portage, you need to make the following directories:
13
14 /usr/local/portage/games-roguelike/laby/
15 and
16 /usr/local/portage/games-roguelike/laby/files
17
18 the ebuild file goes in the former, the file laby goes in the latter.
19
20 You will need to:
21
22 ebuild /usr/local/portage/games-roguelike/laby/laby-1.0.2.ebuild digest
23
24 and then add laby your list of unstable builds:
25
26 echo "games-roguelike/laby ~x86" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
27
28 It _should_ then emerge fine.
29
30 As long as you are in the games group you should be able to just run
31
32 laby
33
34 TODO:
35
36 1. tidy up ownership and permissions of installed files.
37 2. make the wrapper script stop artsd and restart it IF it was running
38 in the first place. (alternatively run the program with artsdsp if arts
39 is running? - thats probably a better option!)
44 On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:42:16 +0200