From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Updating the system fails
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 19:03:34
1 Hello,
2
3 I've a somewhat old system (it was installed with 2005.1 at the time) that I
4 wanted to try updating.
5
6 However, emerge --update --pretend world thows an awfull lot of blocking
7 packages, mostly x11-something, but including KDE, java and others.
8
9 There is no question of unmasking all these packages, as has been suggested in
10 another thread for one blocking package.
11
12 Is there a way to say "try to upgrade all you can and we'll if it works" or
13 does it simply mean the system is screwed beyond repair and a new install is
14 the only hope?
15
16 Thierry
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list