From: Davyd McColl <davydm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Android studio emulator without PulseAudio
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 11:20:41
1 Would apulse not do the trick?
2
3 -d
4 On 2018-10-30 11:15:14, Pouru Lasse <lasse.pouru@××××××××××××.fi> wrote:
5
6 Is it possible to run the emulator included with Android Studio without
7 having PulseAudio installed? When I try to launch the emulator, it
8 instantly crashes because it can't find libpulse.so.0. My QEMU package
9 is compiled without PulseAudio, but Android SDK comes with its own
10 version of QEMU.
11
12 Setting QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=none, as instructed in Android Studio manual,
13 seems to have no effect, and the Gentoo wiki page on Android Studio just
14 tells you to install PulseAudio.
15
16 I don't mind having no audio at all, I just don't want to install
17 PulseAudio. Any options?
18
19 - Lasse