From: Pouru Lasse <lasse.pouru@××××××××××××.fi>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Android studio emulator without PulseAudio
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 11:53:46
1 "Davyd McColl" <davydm@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Would apulse not do the trick?
4 >
5 > -d
6 > On 2018-10-30 11:15:14, Pouru Lasse <lasse.pouru@××××××××××××.fi> wrote:
7 >
8 > Is it possible to run the emulator included with Android Studio without
9 > having PulseAudio installed? When I try to launch the emulator, it
10 > instantly crashes because it can't find libpulse.so.0. My QEMU package
11 > is compiled without PulseAudio, but Android SDK comes with its own
12 > version of QEMU.
13 >
14 > Setting QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=none, as instructed in Android Studio manual,
15 > seems to have no effect, and the Gentoo wiki page on Android Studio just
16 > tells you to install PulseAudio.
17 >
18 > I don't mind having no audio at all, I just don't want to install
19 > PulseAudio. Any options?
20 >
21 > - Lasse
22
23 I already had apulse installed, but apparently the emulator doesn't look
24 for the library in the right directory. I copied all the libpulse.*
25 files under ~/Android/Sdk/emulator/lib/ and
26 ~/Android/Sdk/emulator/lib64/ and now it seems to work.
27
28 - Lasse