From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What can cause printer to crop top of page?
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 21:18:30
1 On Thursday, 21 December 2017 18:28:30 GMT you wrote:
2 > On Thursday, 21 December 2017 17:01:09 GMT Jack wrote:
3
4 > > It sounds to me like a possible A4/USLetter issue. Can you confirm
5 > > that both LOWriter (and other apps) and cups (or whatever is driving
6 > > the printer) are both set to A4?
7 > >
8 > > Jack
9 >
10 > Yes, CUPS and all desktop applications show A4 as the default paper size.
11 > CUPS reports:
12 >
13 > $ lpoptions -p 'HL-3140CW' -l
14 > PageSize/Media Size: *A4 Letter Legal Executive A5 A6 B5 JISB5 JISB6 EnvDL
15 [snip ...]
16 >
17 > Are the above ppd entries correct, or am I misinterpreting the ppd logic?
18
19 OK, uninstalled cups and the brother printer driver, deleted manually the /
20 etc/cups/pdd/ files reinstalled cups and the brother printer driver and
21 reconfigured the printer using the CUPS http page.
22
23 Now the discrepancy has disappeared from the ppd file, but still the same
24 error remains. Top of the page is cropped! Arrgh!
25 --
26 Regards,
27 Mick