From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: openoffice 3 broken?
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 02:45:59
1 On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 22:43:43 +0200
2 Markos Chandras <markos.chandras@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sunday 02 November 2008 06:39:33 Dale wrote:
5 > > Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
6 > > > I've got OpenOffice (compiled), v3.0.0 here. It appears broken.
7 > > > I haven't tried a lot of things, but this little RTF file gets it
8 > > > wedged right away: the console that started it says:
9 > > >
10 > > > error - missing word count in dictionary file
11 > > > Hash Manager Error : 4
12 > > >
13 > > > So I'm guessing there's a problem in a spell checker. Where
14 > > > would I look to solve that?
15 > >
16 > > This may help:
17 > >
18 > > Spell checking is provided through our own myspell-ebuilds,
19 > > if you want to use it, please install the correct myspell package
20 > > according to your language needs.
21 > >
22 > > Check to make sure myspell is installed correctly, perhaps
23 > > re-emerge it.
24 >
25 > As far as I remember , openoffice-3 doesnt uses myspell packages. It
26 > has its own spelling dictionaries. But i am not 100% sure about
27 > that ...
28
29 For most distros (I guess) and Windows and Apple, that's right. But it
30 isn't the Gentoo way. ;)
33 »Q«
34 Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.