From: Markos Chandras <markos.chandras@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openoffice 3 broken?
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 20:45:01
1 On Sunday 02 November 2008 06:39:33 Dale wrote:
2 > Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
3 > > I've got OpenOffice (compiled), v3.0.0 here. It appears broken.
4 > > I haven't tried a lot of things, but this little RTF file gets it wedged
5 > > right away: the console that started it says:
6 > >
7 > > error - missing word count in dictionary file
8 > > Hash Manager Error : 4
9 > >
10 > > So I'm guessing there's a problem in a spell checker. Where would I
11 > > look to solve that?
12 >
13 > This may help:
14 >
15 > Spell checking is provided through our own myspell-ebuilds,
16 > if you want to use it, please install the correct myspell package
17 > according to your language needs.
18 >
19 > Check to make sure myspell is installed correctly, perhaps re-emerge it.
20 >
21 > Dale
22 >
24 As far as I remember , openoffice-3 doesnt uses myspell packages. It has its
25 own spelling dictionaries. But i am not 100% sure about that ...
29 Markos Chandras