From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openoffice 3 broken?
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 20:57:23
1 Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > On Sunday 02 November 2008 06:39:33 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> I've got OpenOffice (compiled), v3.0.0 here. It appears broken.
7 >>> I haven't tried a lot of things, but this little RTF file gets it wedged
8 >>> right away: the console that started it says:
9 >>>
10 >>> error - missing word count in dictionary file
11 >>> Hash Manager Error : 4
12 >>>
13 >>> So I'm guessing there's a problem in a spell checker. Where would I
14 >>> look to solve that?
15 >>>
16 >> This may help:
17 >>
18 >> Spell checking is provided through our own myspell-ebuilds,
19 >> if you want to use it, please install the correct myspell package
20 >> according to your language needs.
21 >>
22 >> Check to make sure myspell is installed correctly, perhaps re-emerge it.
23 >>
24 >> Dale
25 >>
26 >> :-) :-)
27 >>
28 > As far as I remember , openoffice-3 doesnt uses myspell packages. It has its
29 > own spelling dictionaries. But i am not 100% sure about that ...
34 Well, I quoted that from the message after OOo was done compiling. I
35 would assume that whoever put that message there knows what OOo uses. I
36 have no clue myself. Mine just works, so far at least.
37
38 Dale
39